Pacific Peoples Pathways to Homeownership
What is the Pacific Peoples Pathways to Homeownership programme?
The Ministry for Pacific Peoples has partnered with Te Ara Ahunga Ora Retirement Commission to design the Sorted Pacific Peoples Pathways to Homeownership programme.
Skills Update Training and Education Group are delivering the programme on behalf of Te Ara Ahunga Ora.
The programme focuses on building the financial capability of 1200 Pacific households over three years to assist them in achieving their home ownership aspirations.
The programme is -
- A 16-hour online course held over 1 or 2 weeks that teaches financial skills and knowledge and builds financial resilience.
- Delivered in small groups up to 40 participants, enabling people to ask questions specific to their situation.
- Holistically integrated around families and community grounded in Pacific values.
- For people of Pacific descent who are 18+ years old and reside permanently in Aotearoa NZ. At least one member of the household must be of Pacific Heritage.
- Quality assured and assessed course content.
“The facilitators and how they delivered the programme was amazing. Following the programme to date, I can happily say that I have cleared one financial debt of mine. That was through something I learned on the course.”
- Xtina Manuela
What is financial capability?
Financial capability is about giving people choices. It’s having the skills, knowledge, confidence, and motivation to make informed financial decisions to support yourself and your family.
What do I learn in the Pacific Peoples pathway programme?
The Programme consists of eight modules – and is designed for Pacific people wherever they are on their journey to home ownership.
- Housing options
- Preparing to buy your first home
- Motivations and money systems
- Money plans
- Grow your money
- Debt and your rights
- Prepare for the unexpected
- Looking ahead
Can we help?
Please call 0800 000 024 to find out more or register for the programme, alternatively -