About the role
The Learning Lead is responsible for the leadership of the Learning team. The position oversees innovation, development, maintenance and continuous improvement of Sorted Learning products, including the development and delivery of the Sorted in Schools English Medium Education (EME) programme. The Learning Lead will bring a strategic approach to the team, be a strong collaborator and find innovative ways to elevate the Sorted Learning products and programmes.
About Te Ara Ahunga Ora Retirement Commission
The team at Te Ara Ahunga Ora Retirement Commission is on a mission to achieve a better retirement for all. We want to support people to plan from an early age so they can enjoy a better retirement. You might know us for our award-winning sorted.org.nz website, but there's much more to us than that.
We focus on three areas: Retirement Income, Retirement Villages and Financial Wellbeing. Together with a range of partners we help build financial wellbeing and contribute to a better understanding of what retirement means in the 21st century. We lead the National Strategy for Financial Capability, which brings together leading financial institutions, government agencies, iwi and community partners to improve financial capability, with a focus on priority audiences – women, Māori and Pacific peoples.
Why you’ll love working for Te Ara Ahunga Ora Retirement Commission
At Te Ara Ahunga Ora, we strive to create an inclusive and purpose-driven culture, where you can leave work each day feeling like you’ve made a real difference. Our team is made up of individuals from a variety of backgrounds who share a common passion for making a positive impact in our community.
We prioritise work-life balance and offer a range of benefits to support the wellbeing of our team, including 5 weeks annual leave, hybrid working and parental leave benefits. We’re committed to supporting your development, with training and career growth opportunities available for all employees.
What you’ll bring to the role:
We are seeking applicants with the following key skills and experience:
- A tertiary qualification or relevant workplace experience
- History of initiating and maintaining strong engagement and partnerships with key stakeholders
- Relevant experience in a leadership role in education, learning or training
- Demonstrated experience in developing and delivering strategic and operational plans
- Experience designing, writing, developing and delivering innovative and authentic learning experiences for a range of audiences in different environments
- A demonstrated understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi/The Treaty of Waitangi and the Treaty principles
- Experience reaching and empowering vulnerable learners including our Māori and Pasifika young people
- Familiar with curriculum development requirements from levels 1 to 7 on the NZQF
- An understanding of the education sector, particularly the NZ curriculum, NCEA, tertiary, trends and today’s learners and learning environments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including, communication, negotiation, influencing and networking
- Well versed in contemporary adult learning techniques, including behaviour change theory, blended and online learning
- Familiar with digital learning developments
- Excellent project management skills demonstrated by a formal qualification in project management
- An active interest in current development in teaching, learning and the learner experience
- Strong experience in empowering teams to deliver against the vision, values and strategic priorities of an organisation
- Strong analytical skills to manage budgets and build measurements of success
Our Employee Benefits
- 5 weeks annual leave
- 6% KiwiSaver employer contributions
- Parental leave benefits such as paid parental leave, paid partners leave and KiwiSaver paid while on parental leave
- Hybrid working: we work from home 2 days each week.
- Annual professional development allowance and training opportunities
- A people-centric culture focused on wellness, teamwork, and diversity
Application and Closing Date
Please submit a resume and cover letter.
All applications must be submitted by midnight Sunday 21st May 2023.