Contract type: Fixed-term, full-time
The team at Te Ara Ahunga Ora Retirement Commission is on a mission to help New Zealanders retire with confidence. With a multigenerational approach we want to ensure people feel secure they'll have resources and the know-how to make ends meet. You might know us for our award-winning sorted.org.nz website, but there's much more to us than that. We focus on three areas; Retirement Policies, Retirement Villages and Financial Capability. We advise Government on the policies to enhance retirement outcomes for New Zealanders, including monitoring the framework for retirement villages. Together with a range of partners we help build financial wellbeing and contribute to a better understanding of what retirement means in the 21st century.
We have just established our organisational values and are on a journey to integrate te ao Māori and te reo into our internal and external mahi. We are in a period of transformation making it a really exciting time to join an organisation who is passionate about making a difference!
About the role
The Kaupapa Māori Kairangahau will work with, and report to, the Kaihautῡ, Director Māori Development, in the ‘What does retirement look like for Māori?’ project.
The Kaupapa Māori Kairangahau will be involved in all aspects of the project including data analysis and report writing, for each of the three hui being held; and, in the data analysis of the qualitative and quantitative data from the National Survey on Retirement for Māori.
- Proficient in Te Reo Māori me ōna tikanga
- Extensive lived experience of Te Ao Māori – whakapapa, whānau, hapu, iwi
- Active listening skills
- Excellent data analysis skills (qualitative and quantitative)
- Excellent report writing skills
- Kaupapa Māori work experience in a social, health, justice or related sector context
- Ability to gain and maintain authentic credibility, confidence and respect in hui
- A sense of humour
- A post graduate degree in a relevant field is desirable