About Te Ara Ahunga Ora Retirement Commission
We’re on a mission to help New Zealanders retire with confidence. We work with New Zealanders of all ages to improve their financial wellbeing and confidence to make good decisions around money at each life stage, and arrive at retirement in good financial shape.
You might know us for our award-winning sorted.org.nz website, but there's much more to us than that. We also run Te whai hua – kia ora, Sorted in Schools to help all young people embed good money habits early on, Sorted at Work and work with a wide range of community partners such as Te Puni Kokiri and Ministry for Pacific Peoples to empower people on their financial journeys and pathways to home ownership.
About the role
Working across our brands Te Ara Ahunga Ora and Sorted, you offer a blend of creative talent and hands-on execution across digital and print to produce impactful and engaging artwork for consumer and stakeholder audiences. You're a self-starter and a team player. You thrive in a fast-paced team environment and are flexible to be able to change your focus as things develop. You can work with a sense of urgency, while still paying careful attention to detail, being a brand guardian - and do it all with a winning attitude.
Role specific skills and experience:
We’re looking for someone with:
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in graphic design across digital and print
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Digital design experience eg: emails, web graphics, social media, digital reports, including awareness of principles of accessible design.
- Design skills across graphic design, image selection, typography, illustration, layout and production
- Excellent file management
- The ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and vary design style depending upon the audience.
- Knowledge of emerging design trends and technologies
- An appreciation of and exposure to Te Ao Māori to influence the development of graphic designs that resonate with this audience
- The ability to build and develop strong relationships, communicate clearly and concisely
- Video editing experience an advantage
Benefits and perks
- 5 weeks annual leave
- 6% KiwiSaver employer contributions
- Hybrid working: we work from home 2 days each week.
- Parental leave benefits including salary top up, paid partners leave, and KiwiSaver contributions while on leave
- The ability to be part of an organisation making a difference to the lives of New Zealanders.
- A people-centric culture focused on wellness, teamwork, and diversity, with opportunities to be a part of employee groups such as Diversity, Equity & Inclusion; Wāhine network and Pacific Languages.
Please note that consent will be requested to conduct all pre-employment checks, including referee, criminal, serious misconduct* and credit** checks at preferred candidate stage.
* Only relevant to applicants employed by the public service or statutory crown entities three years prior to application date.
** Only relevant to applicants applying for roles assessed as having high financial risk.
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
We realise that some candidates - especially from underrepresented and neurodiverse backgrounds - often won't apply for roles unless they meet ALL the criteria. At Te Ara Ahunga Ora we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every requirement in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this role.
We want to ensure any accessibility needs you may have are well supported, so the recruitment process is fair and equitable for all. Therefore, please let us know if there are any adjustments or support we can offer to make the recruitment process more accessible to you. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to discuss any accessibility needs you may have.
All applications must be submitted by close of business Tuesday 28th March 2023.