Contract type: Full-time, permanent
About Te Ara Ahunga Ora Retirement Commission
The team at Te Ara Ahunga Ora Retirement Commission is on a mission to help New Zealanders retire with confidence. With a multigenerational approach we want to ensure people feel secure they'll have resources and the know-how to make ends meet. You might know us for our award-winning sorted.org.nz website, but there's much more to us than that.
This is a values-driven role and we are a values-driven organisation.
About the role
The Director, Marketing is the voice of the audience at Te Ara Ahunga Ora. They lead the development of innovative, well-researched consumer and customer insights that underpin the marketing and digital strategy for the Sorted website and associated Sorted products and services.
The Director, Marketing is also the brand lead for Te Ara Ahunga Ora, working with the Director Stakeholder Relations to ensure our brand values are protected and our stakeholder work aligned.
Key aspects of the role include
- Developing and implementing an integrated marketing strategy across the Sorted product suite driven by audience-first thinking.
- Leading and communicating the brand strategy for Sorted.
- Maintaining and developing expertise and knowledge of national and international trends in money behaviour education.
- Overseeing the customer data and analytics programme to generate improved audience targeting and insights.
- Overseeing our digital marketing assets, ensuring alignment with the broader marketing strategy and, most importantly, providing a positive and user-friendly online experience for target audiences.
- Tracking the effectiveness of marketing activities on consumer awareness, perception, and use.
Role specific skills and experience
- Demonstrated understanding of behaviour change research, strategies, and trends, and how to use them to drive product and marketing strategy development
- Extensive experience in developing and implementing best in class marketing strategies and plans
- Commercially savvy with a strong understanding of, and an ability to articulate, the return on investment of all marketing activities
- Demonstrated ability to stretch the marketing dollar
- Strong proficiency in technology and marketing innovation, with history of integrating data and analytics into new customer approaches
- An excellent strategist that makes long connections from many data sources: an active and creative approach to problem solving
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline
- At least ten years’ experience in a relevant marketing role
Benefits and perks
- The ability to be part of an organisation making a difference to the lives of New Zealanders.
- We're flexible – work from home days and more - we have a people-centric culture focused on wellness, teamwork, diversity
- Additional leave days
- Generous KiwiSaver employer contributions
All applications must be submitted by close of business Friday 3 June 2022.
If this sounds like you, and you have skills and experience outlined below, we look forward to hearing from you! Please apply using Seek, submitting a cover letter and resume.