Contract type: Full-time
The team at Te Ara Ahunga Ora Retirement Commission is on a mission to empower New Zealanders to retire with confidence. We’re working with schools, workplaces and communities to ensure people have the resources and the financial know-how to help them on their journey to living sorted. You might know us for our award-winning sorted.org.nz website, but there's much more to us than that.
Our work encompasses three broad areas: Retirement Policies, Retirement Villages and Financial Capability. Together with a range of partners we help build financial wellbeing and contribute to a better understanding of what retirement means in the 21st century.
About the role
The Communications Specialist joins a small team of passionate communications and stakeholder specialists. This role provides communications support and expertise to an interesting array of projects, marketing campaigns and other initiatives.
As a skilled and creative communicator, you will be comfortable writing for different audiences and cultures in a range of formats. This will include blog writing, newsletters, social media posts, website content, eDMs, speeches, corporate publications, and media responses.
This is a collaborative role, tasked with identifying great story opportunities to pitch to media, as well as tailoring these ideas into content to be used across Te Ara Ahunga Ora and Sorted channels. It requires a high level of agility, understanding of the New Zealand media landscape, consumer motivations and needs, respect for the requirements of government accountability, and a passion for fostering a happy internal culture.
Skills and experience
We are seeking applicants with:
- A tertiary qualification in relevant discipline (Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism) or demonstrated experience.
- At least 2-5 years’ experience in a communications, marcomms or journalism role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with writing content for multiple channels targeted to a wide variety of audiences.
- Experience in co-ordinating and integrating communication planning within a workstream.
- Some CMS and CRM experience – preferably with Silverstripe and Hubspot.
- Demonstrated professionalism and strong work ethic, including maintaining confidentiality.
Benefits and perks
- We're flexible – work from home days and more - we are people-centric culture focused on wellness, teamwork, diversity
- Three additional leave days during the summer holidays
- Generous KiwiSaver employer contributions
- A passionate and innovative team environment - we're not your typical government agency
- The ability to be part of an organisation making a difference to the lives of New Zealanders.
All applications must be submitted by close of business Friday 29 April 2022.
The Te Ara Ahunga Ora Retirement Commission reserves the right to commence the interview process immediately.
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.