Contract type: Full-time
The team at Te Ara Ahunga Ora Retirement Commission is on a mission to help New Zealanders retire with confidence. With a multigenerational approach we want to ensure people feel secure they'll have resources and the know-how to make ends meet. You might know us for our award-winning sorted.org.nz website, but there's much more to us than that. We focus on three areas; Retirement Policies, Retirement Villages and Financial Capability. We advise Government on the policies to enhance retirement outcomes for New Zealanders, including monitoring the framework for retirement villages. Together with a range of partners we help build financial wellbeing and contribute to a better understanding of what retirement means in the 21st century.
We have just established our organisational values and are on a journey to integrate te ao Māori and te reo into our internal and external mahi. We are in a period of transformation making it a really exciting time to join an organisation who is passionate about making a difference!
About the role
The Communications Specialist is part of a small team of communications and stakeholder specialists. This role provides communications support and expertise to an interesting array of projects, marketing campaigns and other initiatives.
As a skilled and creative communicator, you will be comfortable writing for different audiences and cultures in a range of formats. This will include blog writing, newsletters, social media posts, website content, eDMs, speeches, corporate publications, and media responses.
This is a highly collaborative role, identifying great story opportunities to pitch to media, as well as tailoring these ideas into content to be used across Te Ara Ahunga Ora and Sorted channels. It requires a high level of agility, understanding of the New Zealand media landscape, consumer motivations and needs, respect for the requirements of government accountability, and a passion for fostering a happy internal culture.
If this sounds like you and you have skills and experience outlined below we look forward to hearing from you! Please apply using Seek, submitting a cover letter and resume.
Skills and experience
We are seeking applicants with:
- A tertiary qualification in relevant discipline (Communications, Public Relations) or demonstrated experience.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a communications or journalism role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with writing content for multiple channels targeted to a wide variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated experience in co-ordinating and integrating communication planning within a workstream.
- Some CMS and CRM experience – preferably with Silverstripe and Hubspot.
- Demonstrated professionalism and strong work ethic, including maintaining confidentiality.
Benefits and perks
- We're flexible – work from home days and more - we are people-centric culture focused on wellness, teamwork, diversity
- Three additional leave days during the summer holidays
- Generous KiwiSaver employer contributions
- A passionate and innovative team environment - we're not your typical government agency
- The ability to be part of an organisation making a difference to the lives of New Zealanders.
All applications must be submitted by close of business Friday 3rd December 2021.
The Te Ara Ahunga Ora Retirement Commission reserves the right to commence the interview process immediately.
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.