Contract type: Full time, permanent
About Te Ara Ahunga Ora Retirement Commission
Te Ara Ahunga Ora is the office of the Retirement Commissioner. Te Ara Ahunga Ora aims to help New Zealanders to retire with confidence. Retiring with confidence means New Zealanders feel secure that they’ll have resources to live and the know-how to make ends meet.
We focus on three areas; Retirement Policies, Retirement Villages and Financial Capability. As part of our role we advise Government on the policies that will enhance retirement outcomes for New Zealanders. We also help support individuals to better prepare for retirement, and we contribute to better understanding of what retirement means in the 21st century. Times are changing.
About the role
The Business Administrator is responsible for providing a broad range of administrative, ICT, and office/logistical services and general support across Te Ara Ahunga Ora Retirement Commission. This role supports the entire organisation through ensuring an organised, efficient and effective office and ICT environment.
Role specific skills and experience
- General administration experience
- Experience in IT administrative support
- A demonstrated track record in supporting core business services from a process, technology, and compliance perspective
- Agile, flexible, cheerful, and able to work across disciplines and work streams
- Methodical, solutions focused and resourceful approach to problem solving
- Excellent attention to detail
- IT savvy and interested in systems and automation
- Skilled in Microsoft 365 - SharePoint, Teams, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, CRM and capability to learn new systems as required
- A commitment to continuous improvement - passionate about efficiency and looking for better ways of doing things
- An ability to use common sense, prioritise, multi-task and operate effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability in building and maintaining trusted, respected relationships with colleagues, and internal and external stakeholders
Benefits and perks
- The ability to be part of an organisation making a difference to the lives of New Zealanders.
- We're flexible – work from home days and more - we have a people-centric culture focused on wellness, teamwork, diversity
- Three additional leave days during the summer holidays
- Generous KiwiSaver employer contributions
- A passionate and innovative team environment - we're not your typical government agency
All applications must be submitted by close of business 13 July 2022.