Contract type: 12 month fixed-term
About the role
This is a fixed-term position for 12 months to cover parental leave, ideally starting late November.
The role of the Marketing Specialist is to develop and implement digital engagement initiatives for the Te whai hua – kia ora, Sorted in Schools and Sorted at Work suite of products, as well as supporting key initiatives for Sorted, such as campaign development and delivery of agency wide initiatives e.g. Money Week.
The role focuses on understanding New Zealanders motivations and behaviours towards money on their journey to a better retirement and how to attract and retain audiences across digital marketing channels.
The Marketing Specialist needs to be in tune with brand, content and digital marketing trends in relation to their influence and impact on our target audiences. Working collaboratively with the Financial Capability (product) and Communications teams, this role requires strong cross functional marketing experience to plan and bring to life the value proposition of our offering for consumers.
About Te Ara Ahunga Ora Retirement Commission
We’re on a mission to help New Zealanders retire with confidence. We work with New Zealanders of all ages to help them become financially capable so they feel confident to make good decisions around money at each life stage, and arrive at retirement in good financial shape.
You might know us for our award-winning sorted.org.nz website, but there's much more to us than that. We also run Te whai hua – kia ora, Sorted in Schools programme, Sorted at Work and work with community partners such as Te Puni Kokiri and Ministry for Pacific Peoples to empower people on their financial journeys.
We focus on three areas: Retirement Policies, Retirement Villages and Financial Capability.
Role specific skills and experience:
- 5+ years working in client-side marketing positions or media, creative or digital agency environment with experience in digital customer engagement
- Demonstrated understanding of maximizing modern marketing channels with experience across social media, email marketing, digital, SEO and SEM, go-to-market planning and implementation
- Experience using Hubspot / other CRM / automation platforms is desirable
Benefits and perks
- 5 weeks annual leave
- 6% KiwiSaver employer contributions
- Hybrid working: we work from home 2 days each week.
- The ability to be part of an organisation making a difference to the lives of New Zealanders.
- A people-centric culture focused on wellness, teamwork, and diversity, with opportunities to be a part of employee groups such as Diversity, Equity & Inclusion; Wāhine network and Pacific Languages.
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.